Digital Resources at Justice High School
Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent
Digital Resources at Justice High School
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Fairfax County Public Schools uses a variety of resources to support student learning. In cases where FCPS contracts with a vendor to host student information, FCPS requires that the vendor adhere to the security and privacy requirements specified in a confidentiality agreement included in their contracts. FCPS does not have contracts with every instructional tool vendor. Many valuable instructional tools are governed by Terms of Service (TOS) and include both free and paid tools. Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy at Digital Privacy in FCPS and a list of all approved digital tools is viewable online in the FCPS Digital Ecosystem Library which has links to the vendors’ privacy notices and other useful information.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year, and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
High School List
- Providing students with personalized learning experiences in core academic areas
- Tag and describe primary source documents from the National Archives
- eBook library assignable by subject or lexile with formative assessments
- Online supplement for Chinese basal resource
- Practice assessments for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams
- Build mathematical models and solve problems
- Platform for broadcasting interactive presentations to student devices
- Accessible, symbol-supported, weekly newspaper differentiated for unique learning needs
- Resource for supporting individuals with disabilities with independent life skills
- Platform for dialogue with peers from different backgrounds
- Google slides add-on for creating interactive presentations with formative assessment elements.
- Polling website that engages students interactively in the classroom
- Curriculum, resources, and support for SEL (social-emotional learning)
- Online multimedia tools for science content and assessments
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- Cross-robotics-platform programming language for educational robotic systems
- Resource for images, recordings, and texts to create online student lessons
- THIS TOOL REQUIRES A SEPARATE PERMISSIONS FORM. YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER WILL PROVIDE THIS FORM TO BE SUBMITTED.
- Communication app/website that allows families to receive messages in their home language
- TalkingPoints is a website and iOS that helps to facilitate communication and family engagement. Families can choose their preferred language and messages from the teacher/school are automatically translated into the target language.
- Testing platform for WRS exam
- Standardized test preparation and college selection.
- Authentic videos, interactive exercises, and games for language classrooms
- Easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding.
- Tinkercad is an easy-to-use 3D CAD design tool. Quickly turn your idea into a CAD model for a 3D printer with Tinkercad.
- Differentiated content enhanced by assessments, data tools and evidenced-based instruction.
- Website for vocabulary instruction with online student friendly dictionary
- Digital worksheet builder lets students show learning in multiple ways