A Note From Principal Eck
A Note from Principal Eck
Dear Justice Families,
Today it was announced that all FCPS school buildings are closed until further notice. Food distribution at FCPS sites will continue as scheduled. More details about the food program are listed below. The scheduled opportunity for students and staff to retrieve their belongings has been postponed. Student and staff well-being is paramount, and we will find ways to give students access to the building as soon as we are able to safely do so.
FCPS has made plans to provide continuity of learning during this break. Our goal is for students to continue to engage in learning activities. The first two weeks of school closure (from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27) will not include any teacher-directed instruction. Students can participate in optional, self-directed learning activities that have been posted on FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard) and are available at www.fcps.edu. Again, these activities are not required, nor graded.
Please take care of yourself and your family. As always, please continue to reach out with questions you may have and/or support you may need.
For consistency and clarity in messaging, we will stay focused on what FCPS sends to families. This will eliminate multiple messages and will decrease chances of error or confusion. If there is information particularly unique to the entire the Justice community, I will be sure to keep you informed.
For information please go to the coronavirus webpage.
Free Internet Access
Comcast and Cox are providing free or low cost internet to families in need. Click the links below to learn more:
Comcast Free Internet
Cox Free Internet
Optional Learning Activities
For the first two weeks of the school closure, learning opportunities can be found on FCPS 24-7 (Blackboard). Stay tuned for more updates about distance learning.
One of the most beneficial academic activities you can have your child do at this time is read for at least 30 minutes each day and then talk with your child regarding what they read. With the online resources we have, you can read as a family too! Below is information regarding ways students can access reading materials.
- Students can access the FCPS online catalog to find electronic books, audio books, and lots of other resources from any computer from the following link: Click here for additional eBook and audiobook sources (MyON, Tumblebooks).
- The Library Catalog has a new look and lots of cool features, INCLUDING eBook and audiobook access to high interest and newly released YA lit. After you click the book to open it, you will be prompted to LOGIN. Use your school computer login (ID number/password).
FCPS Cable Channels
Learning activities are now available on FCPS cable channels. New instructional videos are currently being developed and recorded and will be added to the programming shortly. Channel 21 includes elementary school programming, Channel 25 includes middle school programming, and Channel 99 includes high school programming. Find out what is available online at What's On.
This weekend, IT will be pushing out emails to any parent who does not currently have a ParentVue account. Please sign up if you do not have an account. Click here for more information.
3rd Quarter Grading
FCPS is currently working to address decisions about grading for 3rd quarter and more information will be shared as soon as possible.
Mental Health Resources
During these uncertain times, students and families may be feeling anxious. Mental Health Resources and 24/7 Emergency Numbers are available on the Justice HS website. Below are some additional resources to help guide families.
- Centers for Disease Control - Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- National Association of School Psychologists - Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
March 19-21 - Wolfpack Theatre Production Midsummer Night's Dream - Cancelled
March 23-27 - IB Art Show = Cancelled
March 26 - International Night 5:30-8 pm - Cancelled
March 27 - IB Art Show Reception 6:30 -8:30pm - Cancelled-
April 16th - College Planning Night - Little Theatre - 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
June 8th @ 2pm Eagle Bank Arena - Graduation
To view all of the Justice calendars (activities, schedules, etc.), please click here.
- 2019-20 School Year Calendars
- Lunch Menus.
- FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard).
- Volunteer in FCPS.
- Community Use of School Facilities.
- Mental Health Resources and Emergency Services Information.
- Foundation for Fairfax County Public Schools.
- FCPS Cares.
Summer School Registration Is Open - Summer Learning