Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Maksud Juraev
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
The biggest hardship that I experienced since the closure of the schools is the lack of face-to-face interaction with teachers and peers. The learning atmosphere of a classroom is something that cannot be substituted by online courses.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My plans for the fall are to attend the University of Virginia to pursue a major in neuroscience.
3) What is your passion?
I have always been passionate about medicine and assisting people in need. In my opinion, the greatest wealth of this world is having physical and mental health. Therefore I am eager to pursue my medical journey, so I can be qualified to help the sick.There is a unique sense of internal gratification that comes with serving the community that I value very deeply.
4) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope that proper social distancing measures can be implemented to allow on-campus learning in the fall semester.
5) Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
In light of the pandemic, I have recognized the value of family relationships, as quarantine allowed my family to interact in more engaging ways than before.
6) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
I am most proud of the relationships that I established in my time at school. My counselors, mentors, peers, teachers, and coaches have greatly shaped my personality and propelled me to become the best version of myself.